Food grade thick aluminium foil sheet dimensionsBack
Aluminum foil roll and sheet come in a variety of thicknesses, widths, and lengths. Manufacturers often make the width and length of the foil roll easy to find.
Size of food grade aluminium foil ( Dimensions ):
1. Thickness Range: 0.01mm, 0.02mm, 0.03mm, 0.04mm, 0.05mm, 0.06mm, 0.07mm, 0.08mm, 0.09mm, 0.1mm, 0.11mm, 0.12mm, 0.13mm, 0.14mm, 0.15mm, 0.16mm, 0.17mm, 0.18mm 0.19mm, 0.2mm
2. Smallest Thickness: 0.01mm
3. Thickness Tolerance: 0.001mm
4. Width Range: 5mm - 1000mm
5. Surface Treatment: 2B, BA(6K), mirror(8K), HL, HairLine Wire, Finish, Polished, Annealed, Bright,
6. Temper: Soft, 1/4 Hard, 1/2 Hard, Hard, Extra Hard, super Hard.
7. Technique: Cold Rolled, Annealed.
8. Grade: Pure strip & Alloy strip.
The thick aluminium foil sheet is typically less than 150 μm in thickness. Foils are available in gauges as low as 6.3 μm. Heavier foil gauges (> 17 μm) provide an absolute barrier to gases and liquids. A typical water vapour transmission rate (WVTR) for 9 μm foil is 0.3 g/m2 per 24 hours at 38 °C and 90% RH. As thickness is reduced, foil becomes more vulnerable to tearing or pinholing.
Aluminum foil is widely used in packaging, insulation, and electromagnetic shielding. Aluminum sheet is used to manufacture vehicle bodies, home appliancs, siding, cookware, and in thousands of industrial applications where a strong, light, easily formed material is needed.
For some aluminum sheet products. cold rolling is the last step in the process. However, other types of aluminum sheet require more processing. In this case, they go through further elevated temperature processing in order to increase their strength.
Aluminum foil products are commonplace in the modern world – nearly everyone has a roll in their kitchen for cooking applications.