Difference between 3003 aluminum plate and 5052 aluminum plateBack
Both the 3003 aluminum plate and the 5052 aluminum plate are common alloy aluminum plates on the market, and they are representative two-layer aluminum plates. Although widely used, many people are not aware of the difference between the two.Next, we take the 3003H24 aluminum plate and the 5052H24 aluminum plate as examples to explain the knowledge in this area.
3003 alloy aluminum plate VS 5052 alloy aluminum plate:
1. From the chemical composition, the 3003 aluminum plate is an aluminum-manganese alloy, and the main alloying element is manganese. The 5052 aluminum plate is an aluminum-magnesium alloy and the main alloying element is magnesium. The aluminum content of the 3003 aluminum plate is slightly higher than the 5052 aluminum plate.
2. From the mechanical properties, the tensile strength of 3003H24 aluminum plate is 145-195Rm/MPa, while the tensile strength of 5052H24 aluminum plate is as high as 230-280Rm/MPa, which is much higher than 3003H24 aluminum plate; the extension strength of 3003H24 aluminum plate is 115Rm/MPa. The extension strength of the 5052H24 aluminum plate is 150 Rm/MPa. Therefore, the performance of the 5052 aluminum plate is significantly better than the 3003 aluminum plate.
3. From the common specifications, 3003 aluminum plate is mainly made of thin plate, and the application of thick plate is not much; and the 5052 aluminum plate is widely used in addition to thin plate and thick plate.
4. From the scope of application, 3003 aluminum plate is mainly used in humid environment, such as product packaging, refrigerator, air conditioner, cold storage, ventilation pipe and so on. The 5052 aluminum plate is often used in electrical enclosures, transportation vehicles, pressure vessels, etc., and is commonly used in the manufacture of automobiles, aircraft fuel tanks, and oil pipes.
5. From the price of aluminum plate, the price of 3003 aluminum plate is slightly higher than that of pure aluminum plate, and the price is obviously higher than that of 3003 aluminum plate. According to different specifications and thickness, the price of 5052 aluminum plate per ton is about 2000-3000 yuan higher than the price of 3003 aluminum plate per ton.
Although the 3003 aluminum plate and the 5052 aluminum plate are often used as rust-proof aluminum, the difference between the two aluminum plates is still very obvious, and the enterprise must select a suitable product according to the production needs.
If you need more details, please contact us